Rappr Rick Ross targeted in drive-by shooting!

While some still question the validity of the Florida drive-by involving Rick Ross, Fort Lauderdale police released an official statement confirming that the Maybach Music head Ross, born William Roberts, was in fact driving the targeted Rolls Royce early Monday (January 28) morning.

The statement also reveals that Rozay's 28-year old girlfriend, fashion designer Shateria L. Moragne-El was a passenger in the vehicle.

Per the Fort Lauderdale police, Ross was in a 2011 Rolls Royce driving eastbound on busy Las Olas Boulevard when a gunman in another vehicle opened fire around 5 a.m.

Moments later, Ross' vehicle struck the wall of an apartment complex after the driver turned a corner to escape the bullets and lost control.

Witnesses told Fort Lauderdale station WPLG that they spotted Ross and a female passenger, Moragne-El, inside a Rolls Royce that was fired upon by as-yet-unknown assailants and targeted with nearly two dozen bullets.


Sunday night, the rapper was celebrating his 37th birthday, which is actually Monday, at the nearby Floridian Restaurant after a night spent at Club LIV in Miami Beach.
The restaurant was also struck in the hail of gunfire

Onlookers there said they heard about 15 shots, which sounded like they came from a high-powered rifle.

According to tweets from those in the MMG power circle, Diddy, Fabolous, French Montana and DJ Khaled were all in attendance.
Ross himself hasn't logged onto to the social networking site since the shooting but spent the better part of the night retweeting b-day messages from his flock.

Police have the incident listed as "an active and ongoing criminal investigation."

No word whether the shooting is in any way connected to the online threats that Ross received from the street gang known as the Gangsta Disciples back in December.
Shortly after Rozay cancelled the remainder of his MMG Tour and while many speculated it was because of the threats, the rapper vehemently denied those reports. "I canceled the rest of the tour due to the promoter, he wasn't really handlin' his business," he said during a radio interview on 99 Jamz in Miami late last year. "Never was it due to any threats."

While there seems to be genuine concern over the rapper's well-being, rapper 50 Cent believes the shooting was staged. "Hahaha fat boy hit the building?lol it looks stage to me. No hole's in da car," he wrote on Instagram, captioning a pic of the crashed Rolls Royce.

All I can say is….50 Cent ....you’sa fool Lol

Leave a comment

    Add comment